to see a graphical illustration of the new
LogPlot 2003 features.
log features shown here: interbeds in lithology columns, color
gradient curve and histogram fills, and filled symbol
LogPlot 2003: new borehole log display
- Plot interbeds with unique patterns in LogPlot 2003
A borehole log with uniquely
- Lithology descriptions and patterns can show distinct contact line
Contact lines in descriptions and
- Lithology descriptions can be offset upward as well as down for a
more efficient use of space. They honor additional alignment and margin
Offset lithology descriptions in a LogPlot 2003 borehole
- New "Edit Notes" and "Static Notes" in headers and footers offer
multi-line text with WYSIWIG wrapping, carriage returns, margins,
border, fill, and alignment
- Text Columns now use WYSIWYG wrapping, carriage returns, alignment
Examples of text
- Scalebar can now display true elevation labels and tick marks for
deviated wells. Downhole survey data is read from a new "Orientation"
tab. Scalebar survey data can be entered as dip from horizontal or from
vertical. The labels at the top and bottom of the page can be adjusted
up or down to avoid overplots.
Scale for a deviated
- Display reference grids for curves and cross-plots on top of the
column so that they aren't obscured by solid-fills
Display reference grids for curves
and cross-plots on top
- A great new data tool will update an existing data file with
necessary tabs for changes in the log design.
- New "Fit To Page" tool at compile time will automatically set the
vertical scale to fill a single log page with all of your data.
- New option for display of patterns with no background fills, for
draft logs (saves ink!).
Patterns without background
- LAS Import now seamlessly reads UNIX files, and files with TABS. The
LAS min/max's display can ignore or display null values, or replace null
values with text. The LAS Importer
also creates a text report with Field Name, Units, Min and Max values-
helpful for creating a log design. Best of all, it also creates a
rudimentary log design for that data set on the fly.
- Other miscellaneous data and design editing tools:
- Paste from a single cell to many
- Compute statistics for any column of data values
- Change the Tab order in the Data Editor
- Data column width is remembered
- Improved snap when moving entities
- A selection triangle can be used to select multiple
entities in the same panel
- BMP and JPG export from
offers resolution options for high-quality exports. Added mouse wheel
and arrow key support for scrolling log in the window.
- The Data
Editor and the Log
Designer share the same window space, and are accessed with their
stick-up tabs. You can have multiple data (DAT) files open at any one
- Button toolbars are draggable
- All Log
Designer dialog boxes use an Apply button to apply changes while
leaving the dialog box open for further modification.